Monday, January 28, 2013

Two Nights This Week.

My friend Patrick hails from Athens, GA so we only ever get to connect online. Among many other sterling qualities, Patrick is a superb drummer, and his band Easter Island is performing this coming Wednesday at The Outer Space in Hamden, CT. I'm so going to this. Looks like Easter Island is the featured act on the venue's weekly open mic night, too, so obviously I'm gonna pack a guitar.

The next night, that Collingwood guy is opening for the legendary Boston-area band Big Dipper at the Iron Horse up here in Northampton, MA. Backing Chris for the night will be the killer Hartford-based band The Shinolas (yes, this is the same band he and I sat in with a couple years ago in Hartford). I'm really looking forward to this one, too. I never got to see Big Dipper in their previous heyday, so I'm eager to catch them now that they're back.