Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Not Exactly Overnight Sensation.

Image thanks to The Hartford Advocate and CT.com • Click to embiggen.

I've been receiving a LOT of very nice feedback via email and social media concerning this profile of me, written by noted music writer Peter Gerstenzang (Rolling Stone, SPIN, Village Voice, among others). Peter and I have been online acquaintances for a couple of years, thanks to a mutual appreciation of pop-rock in general, and of Fountains Of Wayne in particular. In fact, Chris from FOW was asked to contribute a few words to the article, and very graciously found the time to do so. It was a lot of fun finally getting a chance to talk in person with Peter for the material behind all this. We spoke on the phone for two solid hours. Another nice thing is, the piece's publication this week also gives a great bit of promo to the upcoming show this Saturday in Hartford.


Guitar De La Soir.
I'm tucking this regular feature in here too, because tonight we've got a practice session in preparation for Saturday. I've decided to use my Telecaster for the gig, so will be using it tonight as well.