Friday, October 4, 2024

4 October - Welcome Home, Little Gibson

A couple of weeks ago, I traded a perfectly decent guitar and some cash for the guitar shown below. I have always loved the sound and feel of Gibson acoustics, but their fancier models were never in my budget. My professional-level investments have always been in the electric realm; justifiable expenses because electrics are mostly what I use.

Still, it's good to have a nice acoustic around the place, so when this no-frills Gibson presented itself in a local shop for a really quite reasonable price, I took it off the hanger and tried it out. And then I brought it home. It's a 00 sized guitar, fully acoustic (no onboard pickup, etc.), and all solid wood. So I'll have to take better care of it than a beater, if you know what I mean. The fit, feel, and tone are absolutely wonderful. I finally got one. And I love it.