Friday, March 6, 2020

This Week's Commute.

Last year, I started posting a "This Week's Commute" list over on Facebook each Friday. The lists were of the CDs I listened to in my car on the drives to and from work that week. And as I pointed out on Twitter recently, yes, I have a day job. You can't expect me to maintain this level of comfortable obscurity on music alone. Granted, my day job is still somewhat in the music business; I work for a vacuum tube supplier. Vacuum tubes are those little bottles full of emptiness that we put electrons through to make our amplifiers go. 

I've cut back on my involvement with Facebook, and so have decided to post these lists in here instead, beginning today. I'm thinking this might be a good way to update this page more often, and this way I can simply post links to the lists on whatever social media I'm not angry with that week. Or you could even bookmark this place and check in regularly.

Oh, and by the way: I have a four day workweek now, so it's only going to be four albums from now on. Thursdays are my mid-weekday off, so you'll have to guess what what was playing in the house that day.

And so (drum roll), here's the first list for 2020:

This Week's Commute:
M: The Beatles - One
T: XTC - Drums & Wires
W: Ramones - It's Alive
F: REM - Green