Friday, July 17, 2020

17 July - New Friday Feature

I'm starting a new thing today. From now on, my Friday driving music will be an artist or band that I'm directly connected with somehow. Following each This Week's Commute list will be a link to their music, and in most cases a little write-up explaining the connection and/or what I like about them so much. Here's the list for this week:

M: Elvis Costello - My Aim is True
T: XTC - Drums and Wires
W: Jeff Beck - You Had it Coming
F: Superkart - 4x4

This Friday: Superkart was a band fronted by my friend Sue Burkhart (say it fast and you'll get it). Every incarnation of this band kicked ass, and included many good friends in each lineup. I worked as Sue's guitar tech on a few occasions, and with five or six guitars and several different tunings, she kept me on my toes. The combination of Sue's and Adrianne's voices never failed to give me chills. I wish they were still around, but I'm glad we're all still in touch. Love to all.