Friday, September 18, 2020

18 September - I B Sometimes

THIS WEEK'S COMMUTE
M: Jethro Tull - Aqualung
T: Aerosmith - Toys in the Attic
W: The Rolling Stones - Black and Blue
F: I B Sometimes - Your Paradise

This Friday: I B Sometimes was a recording project of my friends Ernest Senecal (who wrote the songs and was lead vocalist) and Jim Weeks, the wizard of Cloud Cuckooland Recording Studio. I've worked with Jim many times, as far back as the earliest Group DeVille CDs, and learned a lot about the recording process from him. Anyway, I loved what these two gents put together each time they released something. There was talk at one point of putting a live band together (with yours truly in the lineup) to perform some of the material, but this never came to pass. A favorite song (one of many) on this particular record is Every Now and Then, which reminds us "Every now and then the good guys win. Every now and then."