Kindly note my addition of a little extra space between the tuners and their next companions. By doing so, I am less likely to accidently mute myself onstage by catching an edge of the tuner pedal with my shoe. Yes, this has happened. Yes, the method illustrated here seems to have solved the problem.
Wednesday, September 9, 2026
9 September - Pedalboard Update
Ordered another Pedaltrain Nano board, as I quite liked the first one I'd bought. It arrived yesterday, and I got it organised this afternoon. The top board in the photo is the new one. It is also the more basic of the two. Tuner, distortion, a simple reverb, and an old no-frills digital delay. The pedals on the lower board allow for more variety, as they all offer several layers within each effect. The tuner is essentially the same, however the next pedal in line here is a bit different. Designed to work primarily as a clean boost, it can also function as a dirty boost or even a standalone dirt stage. There are three types of gain available. The reverb pedal offers eight forms of reverb, including two types with modulation (tremolo and a chorus/vibrato sort of thing, that can range from subtle to seasick). Lastly, the digital delay on this board features a tap tempo option, and can also be set for measured repeats. Oddly enough, even though this board is more complicated, it's better for acoustic-electric use, simply because the gain pedal on this one can be a completely clean boost instead of adding any crunch to the signal.
